Blaze in tyre storage area caused by shredder malfunction (Update 2 with video)

Click For Larger Image & Read More
Blaze in tyre storage area caused by shredder...
 © CyprusMail 2022
A fire broke out on Saturday afternoon in an open area filled with old tyres at a processing centre for Vasilikos, between the villages of Kalavasos and Mari, mobilising the fire service and emergency response unit Emak.

Civil defence advised on Saturday evening that people to avoid the area and called on residents in affected nearby villages to stay indoors and their close doors and windows. Thick black smoke from the fire could be seen along the highway and from some beaches in the Larnaca area.

The director of the environment department, Costas Hadjipanayiotou, who was at the scene, told CNA...


Click to view: Coronavirus News Updates - Live

Article automatically added to our system on Saturday, June 11, 2022

Blaze in tyre storage area caused by shredder malfunction (Update 2 with video)


Contents of this article including associated images are © CyprusMail 2022
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or CyprusMail .

Article Tags: #blaze   #storage   #caused   #shredder   #malfunction   #update   #video  


Advertise Here

  Popular Today


  Trending Cyprus News