Russian, Belarusian players barred from Wimbledon

Click For Larger Image & Read More
Russian, Belarusian players barred from Wimbledon
 © In-Cyprus 2022
Tennis players from Russia and Belarus will not be allowed to compete at this year’s Wimbledon due to Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine, the Grand Slam’s organisers All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) said in a statement on Wednesday.

Earlier this month, the AELTC said it was in talks with the British government on the participation of players from Russia and Belarus in the grasscourt Grand Slam.

“We recognise that this is hard on the individuals affected, and it is with sadness that they will suffer for the actions of the leaders of the Russian regime,”...


Click to view: Latest Cyprus Job Ads - Live

Article automatically added to our system on Thursday, April 21, 2022

Russian, Belarusian players barred from Wimbledon


Contents of this article including associated images are © In-Cyprus 2022
Views & opinions expressed are those of the author and/or In-Cyprus .

Article Tags: #russian   #belarusian   #players   #barred   #wimbledon  


Advertise Here

  Popular Today


  Trending Cyprus News