Italian toll-road execs told to leave disaster ceremony

Click For Larger Image & Read More
Italian toll-road execs told to leave disaster...
 © In-Cyprus 2019
Top executives of Italy’s biggest motorway operator made an early exit from a ceremony held on Wednesday to remember victims of a deadly bridge collapse in the port city of Genoa, after some grieving relatives asked for them to leave.

The chief executive and chairman of infrastructure group Atlantia, which operated the bridge that collapsed on Aug. 14 last year, and other company officials left moments before the ceremony, said a source briefed on the event.

The ruling 5-Star Movement has blamed Atlantia for the disaster, which killed 43 people. It has accused the...


This article was automatically added to our system 14-8-2019

Italian toll-road execs told to leave disaster ceremony


The contents of this article including any associated images are © In-Cyprus 2019
Views & opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and/or In-Cyprus .

Advertise Here

  Trending Cyprus News

Advertise Here

Article Tags: italian, execs, leave, disaster, ceremony,