The Department of Fisheries and Marine Research (DFMR) recently announced the start of issuing recreational and amateur fishing licences for the year 2019.
Recreational Boat Fishing, Recreational Spear Fishing and Recreational Reservoirs Fishing Licences can be issued electronically via JCC Smart or through Banks.
Recreational Fishing Licences will be issued exceptionally at the Central and District Offices of the Department of Fisheries and Marine Research only in the following cases:
- When the applicant applies for a recreational fishing licence for the first time.
- When there is no existing invoice in the JCC PAYMENT SYSTEM.
- When an applicant for a Recreational Fishing Licence in Reservoirs wishes to include on his / her licence minor children up to 12 years of age, while presenting their identification cards / birth certificates.
- When a Recreational Fishing Licence in Reservoirs is sought by a minor applicant aged 12 -18 years old and the consent and signature of his / her guardian / parent is required along with the presentation of his / her identification card.
- Group Fishing Licences in Reservoirs issued to registered travel agencies and associations, which have previously obtained a written approval from the Director of the DFMR.
In addition, in cases where the holder of a recreational fishing licence has changed his / her passport / identity number, telephone number or address, such holder should contact the DFMR at tel.no. 22807818 / 22807836 in order to update the relevant information in the database.
Any further information about the fishing terms and conditions as well as the issuing of recreational fishing licences, is available at the DFMR local offices - telephone numbers listed below:
- Paphos: +357 26821677
- Limassol: +357 25817312
- Zygi: +357 24817097
- Larnaca: +357 24304294
- Paralimni: +357 23834170
- Nicosia: +357 22807818
Useful site for freshwater fishing in Cyprus: